My boys love pancakes and waffles. They are lucky to have a dad that makes them a few times a week! I normally buy the boxed stuff but decided to try to make our own. This was so easy I am not sure why I didn’t do this sooner!
Recipe: Homemade Pancake Mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- Mix all of the ingredients together really well.
- Store in an airtight container in a dry location.
To make pancakes:
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup pancake mix
- In a large bowl mix egg and milk.
- Add the pancake mix. Stir until combined.
- Pour about 1/4 cup pancake on a hot skillet.
- Flip pancake once little bubbles start to appear. Yields 6 pancakes.
Remember when you go to use the pancake mix to stir the dry mix before measuring. The ingredients may settle while sitting on the shelf.