Sweet with heat and still as sloppy as ever–give this homemade Sloppy Joe recipe a try for a fun, fresh and unique take on this family favorite!
The nice thing about this recipe is it can be made in less than 30 minutes! Also, you can vary the spiciness by using mild, medium or hot salsa.
Serve on a slice of bread or use buns to make a sloppy sandwich.
- 1 lb ground turkey or beef
- Salt & pepper
- ¾ cup chunky salsa
- ¾ cup Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- 3-4 mini bell peppers, seeds removed and sliced
- ¼ onion, diced
- Buns, bread or rolls (whichever variety you prefer)
- In a large sauté pan add ground turkey or beef, peppers & onion, season with salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until peppers and onions are tender and meat is no longer pink. (Lean ground turkey will provide little to no excess grease, but if a large amount of grease is present after cooking, drain and return to pan)
- Stir in salsa and barbeque sauce and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!