Everyone knows it’s important to eat our daily recommended servings of vegetables, but that’s easier said than done and even harder to get our kids to eat theirs. This recipe has a sweet and savory glaze and a slight crunch that might just be the trick to getting them to clear their plates and maybe even ask for more!
Recipe: Honey Glazed Asparagus & Carrots With Pecans
- 1 cup of water
- 1 lb. asparagus spears, rinsed & trimmed
- 3-4 medium carrots, peeled & sliced diagonally into ¼” pieces
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted (substitute light or yogurt butter for less calories)
- 2 tbsp. honey (42g)
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- In a sauté pan with a lid bring 1 cup of water to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add asparagus and carrots to the pan; cover and cook until veggies are tender but still crisp (7-10 minutes). Stir occasionally to evenly cook vegetables.
- While veggies are cooking, melt butter in a small sauce pan or microwave safe bowl and combine with honey, mix well & keep warm.
- When veggies are finished cooking, drain well and toss with honey butter mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle on pecans and serve.