Last week I bought split chicken breast chicken on sale at Kroger for $0.99/lb. I needed a new recipe and decided to try honey mustard chicken. It came out very tender and the whole family enjoyed it!
I used a couple of fresh rosemary sprigs from the garden to add flavor. We also had some baby carrots that needed to be used. The carrots were also flavorful since they cooked in the honey mustard sauce too.
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 pounds split chicken breasts
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- small onion, quartered
- 8 oz. baby carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix mustard, honey and olive oil together.
- Place onions in a large roasting pan and place chicken breasts on top.
- Place carrots around chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to your desired taste.
- Pour honey mustard mix over chicken and carrots.
- Place rosemary springs on top of the chicken and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170 degrees.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello