It’s that time of year to start planning your child’s Halloween costumes! We don’t spend a lot of money on Halloween ourselves. Here are assume tips to make it affordable.
- Swap costumes with friends and family. We have used my nephews costumes several times. Send out an email to a group of friends and let them know what costumes you have and what sizes you are looking for. I know a local mom’s group that conducts a large costume swap each year.
- Look for used costumes at yard sales and thrift stores. We have bought several costumes at yard sales for under $5. This year I scored Capt. M’s monster costume for $4 from thrift store!
- Recycle what you have. Be creative and turn an old costume into something new. This year Mr. B wants to be a black widow. We have a black jump suit from another spider costume that we will be recycling this year.
- If you are really creative, you can make a homemade costume. My nephew one year went as static cling. I thought it was very creative and it was super easy!
- Check out costume stores online like Buy Costumes for deals and discounts.
How do you save on Halloween costumes?