This pasta salad recipe is pretty much a staple in our house during the summer. I don’t care for mayonnaise based pasta salad so we use Italian dressing. This recipe is easily adapted to whatever you have on hand!
- 16 oz. Rontini Pasta (Or pasta of choice)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, sliced
- 3 oz. Salami, diced
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Small can of sliced Olives
- ½ Cup Italian Dressing
- Bowl the pasta according to package directions to al dente.
- Once the pasta is done drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Place pasta in a large bowl and add a splash of the Italian dressing to keep the pasta from sticking together as the pasta cools.
- Once the pasta is cool, add the eggs, salami, cheese and olives. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over top and mix.
* Use different cheeses to add different flavors.
* If eating this pasta as a leftover, you may need to add a bit more dressing the next day.
* Add cherry tomatoes or chickpeas!
An alternative variation I made was adding cherry tomatoes and chickpeas since I didn’t have olives. Artichoke hearts are also a good addition!
What are your favorite ingredients in pasta salad?