These cookies could not be easier to make! The secret to making these cookies super easy is to use a boxed cake mix. But don’t worry, you don’t have to tell anyone you “cheated”! Soft & sweet with just enough lemon to be refreshing these cookies are a treat anytime of year!
Make sure you plan ahead for these cookies as the dough needs to refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking. Also, is is not recommended that you use an electric mixer. Just simply mix with a wooden spoon! After the dough is chilled, roll it into balls and dip in powdered sugar. Then you just need to bake these sweet treats!
- 1 box of Pillsbury Lemon Moist Supreme Cake Mix
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 8 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
- ½-1 tsp. Pure Lemon Extract (more or less to taste)
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together the cake mix, egg, cool whip and lemon extract with a wooden spoon (do not use an electric mixer) until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated together.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Fill a shallow dish or small plate with powdered sugar.
- Remove dough from fridge and using a spoon or small cookie scoop drop balls of dough onto powdered sugar and roll to coat the ball in sugar.
- Place balls on prepared cookie sheet 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges begin to lightly brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 2 dozen cookies.