I love muffins and I am always looking for new recipes that let me eat more without feeling guilty. This low fat apple cinnamon muffin recipe replaces eggs and oil with mashed bananas and soy milk, making them a much healthier version of this classic muffin combination. Try it for yourself!
- ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (soy, almond, coconut etc.)
- ½ cup mashed, ripe banana
- 1 tbsp white distilled vinegar
- 1 cup apple, peeled and finely diced
- 2 cups all purpose, unbleached flour (substitute with whole wheat or preferred variety)
- ⅔ cup, zero calorie granulated sugar substitute (you can use sugar if you prefer)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl stir together milk, mashed bananas, chopped apples and vinegar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and mix together.
- Create a well in the center and pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Stir together until all the flour becomes moist. Do not over stir.
- Fill each muffin cup ⅔ full and bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm & enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello