Alfredo sauce tastes so good but is usually full of fat and calories. To cut down on the fat I make a sauce using chicken broth and cream cheese. It takes just a few minutes to make and the whole family enjoys it.
Add chicken broth, garlic and flour to a skillet over medium heat. Whisk the ingredients together.When the flour is incorporated, you will ad in the cheeses.
The cream cheese takes a few minutes to melt completely. Use a whisk to make the sauce nice and creamy. Stir continuously as you heat the sauce.
This sauce is best served right away. If you have a delay for the rest of the food, keep the sauce on low heat. If it cools off, it becomes thick.
- 1¼ Cup Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 Garlic Clove, pressed
- 3 Tablespoons Flour
- ⅓ Cup Low Fat Cream Cheese, cubed
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesean Cheese, grated
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Dash of Black Pepper
- Add broth, flour and garlic to a saucepan over medium heat. Use a whisk to mix the ingredients.
- Add cubed cream cheese and Parmesan cheese. Stir while cheese melts. Add nutmeg and pepper.
- The sauce is done when the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Add meat to the sauce. We like to add seafood such as shrimp or crab meat. You could also add cooked diced chicken.
- It is wonderful served with broccoli! A good way to get your kids to eat their vegetables.
- If you are using a 14 oz. can of chicken broth, you will have leftovers. I place the broth in a container and freeze it.