Spring is here and before we know it, the season will morph into summer and we’ll all be outside mowing grass, gardening, swimming, camping and my favorite GRILLING!!! Be inventive this grilling season and think outside the norm—we all know hamburgers on the grill are wonderful, but I encourage everyone to try this recipe—a hamburger alternative but just as delectable!
- 4 lg Portabella Mushrooms, wiped clean & stems removed
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil, dried
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- ½ tsp coarse salt
- Whisk together vinegar, oil & seasonings in a small bowl.
- Place mushrooms in a gallon size ziploc bag, pour in the marinade, seal & shake the bag to coat the mushrooms and set aside to marinate for 20-30 minutes in the fridge.
- Grill at medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Assemble as you would your favorite hamburger (I enjoy spinach, provolone cheese, miracle whip, mustard & ketchup) and enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello