Our hens have been keeping us with a steady supply of eggs which means breakfast items are on our menu frequently. This weekend I made mini quiches with Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage and they were delicious! I am entering them in the Wake Up to Johnsonville contest- look for more details at the end of this post.
Recipe: Mini Quiche
- 1 Pie Crust (Refrigerated or homemade pie crust)
- 6 Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Red Pepper, Diced
- 1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Dash Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll the pie crust out onto a cutting board. Use a pizza cutter to cut pie crust into 12 pieces. I didn’t take the time to shape the pie crusts, but you could take the time to shape them to make them the same.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Add one piece of pie crust to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until pie crust is slightly browned.
- While the pie crust is baking, cook breakfast sausage according to package directions.
- Combine eggs and milk in a large bowl and beat until incorporated. Add peppers and seasoning and mix well.
- Add cheese to egg mixture and stir carefully.
- When the sausage is done, slice the links. Add into egg mixture.
- Pour the egg and sausage mixture over the cooked pie crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remember I use farm fresh eggs so my pictures are more yellow! That is the true color of my eggs!
- Try different veggies or meats for variation.
Copyright © HowtoHaveitAll.net.
Recipe by Renae.
To participate in the contest, visit the Johnsonville Kitchens Facebook page and upload a photo and description of your morning masterpiece, created with Johnsonville Sausage. The grand prize winner will receive 11-piece-set of Professional Cookware from ScanPan® and a year’s supply of Johnsonville Sausage! Additionally, you can share one of Johnsonville’s delicious breakfast dishes with a friend (or all of them), and you will be entered into the weekly sweepstakes drawing. Each week during the contest, one randomly drawn winner will receive a five-piece set of Professional Cookware from ScanPan®. Visit the Johnsonville Kitchens Facebook page or Johnsonville.com for full contest details.