Spring is here but the temperatures are still on the chilly side. If you’re feeling the chill add a little heat to your dinner tonight by checking out this New Orleans inspired dish!
- 6-8 (1lb) tilapia fillets
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pam Cooking Spray
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste—its spicy)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine ALL seasonings together and transfer to small bowl or seasoning shaker.
- Prep a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with 1 tbsp olive oil wherever you’ll be placing your fish fillets.
- Rinse and pat fish fillets dry, gently brush each fillet with olive oil on each side and coat with the seasoning mix. Work back to front—placing each fillet on pan as you finish.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Fillets will begin to turn a deep brown & look crispy, but they should still flake easily with a fork. (Note: smaller fillets may take less time & larger fillets more time---watch carefully but DO NOT overcook or fish may dry out.)
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello