Crisp and crunchy fish fillets without the frying! We have been on a fish eating streak in our household. To keep recipes healthy, we are baking or grilling our fish instead of frying.
- 6 tilapia fillets, thawed
- ¼ cup all whites liquid egg whites
- 1 ½ cups Fiber One Original cereal (finely ground)
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- ½ tbsp. dried basil
- ½ tbsp. Lawry’s seasoning salt
- Ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients for breading in a small bowl and place in a shallow dish or pan convenient for coating fillets.
- Whip egg whites in a small bowl until frothy.
- Dip each fillet in frothy egg whites and then liberally coat in breading.
- Place on pan and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fillets are golden brown and crisp. Do not over-bake.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello