Summer squash is plentiful at the moment and I try to integrate it into different recipes so we don’t get bored! I have seen people use vegetables as pasta noodles but never tried it myself. Hubby is a big pasta lover so I had to sneak this recipe by him! Turns out, he loved it! This recipe is very flavorful and great for using up your garden veggies.
Disclosure: The Veggetti®, gift card, information, and additional gift pack have been provided by Ontel.
To make my zucchini noodles, I used the Veggetti. This is an easy kitchen tool that will turn carrots, squash, cucumbers and potatoes into spiral slices. If you are trying to cut out carbs, this is a great tool to use! It is dishwasher safe which makes it easy to clean. There is a thick or thin side of stainless steel blades so you can make different strands of veggie pasta. The Veggetti can be found at Walmart, Bed bath & Beyond, Walgreens, CVS or Amazon.
Do you want to try Veggetti for yourself? Look for my giveaway coming tomorrow!
Back to the recipe:
I used a golden zucchini, hence the yellow squash in the picture. This recipe was thrown together in about 20 minutes which makes this a great work week meal! It is super healthy with just vegetables and shrimp. I should have salted the zucchini beforehand and let it sit. The end result was a little liquidy but the flavor was great!
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 12 oz. Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 large zucchini, cut into noodles with a Veggetti
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons basil pesto
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through and pink.
- Remove shrimp from skillet.
- Add mushrooms to the same skillet the shrimp was cooked in. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and saute for 3 minutes. Add zucchini noodles, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and pesto and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and mix with the vegetables.
- Serve & Enjoy!