Meatless tacos—a great recipe for those of you going meatless during lent or for all you vegans out there! Give it a try, we did and we found we didn’t miss the meat in this taco dish at all and you can toss it together in less than 10 minutes—a definite added bonus!
- 16 oz. can of Pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- ¾ cup salsa (whichever variety you prefer)
- 8 taco shells
- ½ cup taco blend cheese (or whichever variety you prefer)
- Preferred taco toppings: lettuce or spinach, sour cream, tomatoes, black olives, taco sauce etc.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F; then bake shells for 6-7 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine salsa & pinto beans in a small pot and heat over medium-low heat while the taco shells bake. They require about the same amount of time to heat through.
- When both items are heated through divide the pinto beans & salsa between the shells evenly, layer with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, taco sauce, sour cream and/or your preferred taco toppings.
- Serve & Enjoy. Yields 8 servings.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello