Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day; I love it & I love all different varieties of breakfast foods, but on a cold blustery winter morning I love oatmeal most of all!!! Try this recipe for a great tasting start to your morning!
- 2 cups water
- 1 ¾ cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- Dash of salt
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Pecans (optional)
- Bring 2 cups of water with a dash of salt to a boil over high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Once boiling add old fashioned oats, reduce heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add pumpkin puree, spices and sugar and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes to heat through and meld flavors.
- Remove from heat, distribute into individual servings and top with drizzle of maple syrup and a handful of pecans if desired.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello