I just started cooking with Quinoa and I have only tried one recipe out- my Sundried Tomato Quinoa Recipe. Carapelli Olive Oil sent me this recipe to share with all of you and it looks wonderful! It’s a pretty quick meal
Recipe: Quinoa Pilaf with Artichokes, Leeks and Sugar Snap Peas
- 2 tablespoons Carapelli Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large leek, white and light green parts thinly sliced
- 1-3/4 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained (if quinoa is prewashed omit this step)
- 1 cup diagonally halved sugar snap peas or shelled fresh peas
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in broth and quinoa; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar snap peas; cover and continue to simmer 6 to 8 minutes or until most of broth is absorbed.
- Stir in artichoke hearts; heat through.
- Top with pine nuts, cheese and pepper. Serves 4.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Disclosure: Carapelli provided me a free sample of olive oil. All opinions expressed are mine and I was not compensated in any other way.