Brussels sprouts have a bad rap straight out the starting gate—they look like little green shrunken heads and smell less than stellar so I can hardly blame myself or anyone else for not wanting to eat them—but as I’ve recently discovered the jokes on us; try this recipe and you’ll discover for yourself how wonderful they can taste. Who knew? I certainly didn’t but now I do.
The first step is to roast the brussel sprouts in a baking tray. Toss with olive oil and seasoning before roasting.
Finish the dish off with fresh squeezed lemon juice and butter. A few breadcrumbs on top will give it a little crunch.
- 1 ½-2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ - 2 slices of bread, toasted & crumbled
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss Brussels sprouts, garlic, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp of pepper and olive oil together until Brussels sprouts are well coated.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and spread out into a flat layer. Roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stop to turn once or twice during cooking for even roasting.
- Once cooked transfer to a large bowl, add butter, bread crumbs and lemon juice, mix well.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello