An ADULT only bite-size dessert for your next Christmas party or family get-together! Use caution when consuming!
Use a sifter for the confectioners sugar. Mix the confectioners sugar with cocoa powder and all spice.
Then roll the dough into balls. The rum balls will need to be refrigerated overnight.
- 1 ½ cups confectioners sugar, divided
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. ground allspice
- ½ cup dark rum
- 2 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 2 ½ cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cups finely chopped walnuts (toasted prior if desired)
- In a large bowl whisk together confectioners sugar, cocoa powder and allspice.
- Gently stir in the rum and corn syrup.
- Add crushed vanilla wafers and walnuts and mix until well blended.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a tablespoon scoop out portions and roll into one-inch balls.
- Roll balls in remaining powder sugar and place on a large plate or tray as you work. Once completed again cover with saran wrap and refrigerate overnight. (My husband prefers them without the coating of sugar because it tends to get on your fingers and everything you touch if you’re not careful, but you decide)
- Serve & enjoy! Seal remainders in and airtight container in the refrigerator.