Kabobs—love them—they are fun to make, versatile and delicious! Check out this recipe!
- 1 sausage rope, cut into 1 inch chunks (any variety you prefer---I used Hillshire Farm’s Smoked Turkey Sausage)
- 3 ears of corn, stripped, cleaned & cut into 3rds
- 1 ½ lbs new potatoes
- ¼ olive oil
- ½ tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- If you are using wooden skewers---presoak in a shallow pan of water for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven bring 3 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil, add potatoes and boil for 5 minutes. Add corn, return to boil and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, drain corn and potatoes and cool for approximately 10 minutes (or until you can safely handle them without risk of burnt fingers).
- In a small dish whisk together olive oil and seasoning, set aside.
- Slide sausage, corn and potatoes onto each skewer in whichever pattern you desire.
- Brush liberally with olive oil and seasoning mix on all sides and then lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Grill for 5-7 minutes or until sausage is nicely browned and potatoes are soft.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello