Breakfast is such an important meal! As you know, we usually have an abundance of eggs from our chickens. I am always looking for new egg dish recipes! Johnsville had a challenge for me this month; create a recipe using Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage and tortillas. I came up with this simple recipe that looks so elegant. Plus it is pretty healthy as these cups are baked!
These egg cups can be made with just a few ingredients. Or you can get fancier by adding spices, vegetables and cheese!
Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray. Cut a flour tortilla in half and fold into the muffin cup. If your tortillas are stiff, you will want to microwave them for a few seconds so they are flexible.
Crack an egg in each tortilla cup. Add the uncooked sausage and any seasoning.
Bake for 20-25 minutes and the end result is this beautiful egg and sausage tortilla cup! Serve with picante sauce or your favorite toppings!
- 3 Soft taco Size Flour Tortillas
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Johnsonville Breakfast Sausage Links
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the tortillas in half with a sharp knife. Place half a tortilla in each muffin tin, wrapping the tortilla around to make a cup.
- Crack an egg in each tortilla cup.
- Cut sausage links in half and add to each egg cup.
- Sprinkle the egg with a dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Remove from muffin tin and serve with your favorite toppings!
One How to Have it All reader will win a Johnsonville prize pack! The prize pack includes:
- Johnsonville coupon for free sausage
- Muffin Tin
- Insulated carry case for muffin tin
- Wisk and rubber spatula
- Apron, hat and oven mit
How to Enter
Enter by leaving a comment on this post. If you are reading this via email or RSS Feed, you will need to click over to the post HERE. There are THREE entries per person. You must leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be drawn at random on October 21, 2013.
- 1st Entry: What is your favorite quick breakfast recipe?
- 2nd Entry: Follow me on facebook, twitter, Google+ or Pinterest. If you already do, just leave a comment saying so.
- 3rd Entry: Subscribe via email or RSS feed. If you already do, just leave a comment saying so.
Disclosure: I was provided with a Johnsonville prize pack in order to make this recipe. All opinions expressed are mine.