I love mushrooms! I add them to many of my favorite dishes to add flavor and texture! I love this recipe because you can enjoy them by themselves or use them as a topping on other foods! How will you enjoy them?
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¼ - ½ onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt (to season)
- Preheat olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Once hot, add onions and cook them for 5-7 alone. They will begin to cook down and caramelize.
- Add mushrooms and a dash of kosher salt. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally for an additional 10-12 minutes. The mushrooms will also begin to cook down and brown.
- When both onions and mushrooms have a nice browning add basil and balsamic vinegar& another dash of salt.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue sautéing until vinegar reduces to form a glaze over the mushrooms and onions. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!