Have a busy schedule and need a quick fix meal for dinner tonight? Try this chicken stir-fry recipe and enjoy a savory and satisfying meal in less than 20 minutes that’s packed with protein and loaded with veggies.
Recipe: Simple Chicken Stir Fry
- ¾ -1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or EVOO (substitute 100% pure sesame seed oil or peanut oil for additional Asian flavor)
- 16 oz pkg frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed (any variety)
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 pkgs chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 ½ cups water
- Lawry’s seasoning salt & pepper (to season chicken)
- Begin by heating a skillet pan or wok over medium-high heat, and then add oil to coat bottom and sides of pan.
- Add chicken (season with spices) and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
- Once chicken is cooked, gently break apart ramen noodles and add to pan along with seasonings from flavor packets, water, soy sauce and vegetables.
- Bring to a boil and allow ingredients to cook for 3-4 minutes, stir occasionally so all ingredients cook equally. Cooking is complete when the noodles are completely softened and liquid is reduced.
- Serve and enjoy! Yields approximately #4-1 cup servings.
- For versatility substitute chicken & chicken flavored ramen noodles for shrimp, pork or beef and their corresponding flavored ramen noodles.
- Top dish with chow mein noodles, bean sprouts or slivered almonds for a bit of crunch!
- Substitute frozen mixed veggies for fresh produce and adjust prep & cooking instructions accordingly.
- Throw in a dash of red pepper flakes or Cajun seasoning for some added heat & spice!
Copyright © HowtoHaveitAll.net.