Baked potatoes can be a meal of their own! There are so many ways to make baked potatoes with various toppings. One of my favorite ways to make potatoes is to make sliced baked potatoes with pepper topping. This recipe could be varied easily with your favorite baked potato toppings!
The first step is to slice your potato 3/4th of the way through. Season it with salt or your favorite seasoning and drizzle with olive oil. It will need to bake for about 45 minutes before you add the cheese!
- Large Potato
- Olive Oil
- Onion & Pepper Medley Mix
- Provolone Cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut slices in the potato about ¼" thick ¾ of the way through the potato. You want the potato to stay in tact but sliced most of the way through to create wedges.
- Drizzle potato with olive oil, sprinkle salt to taste and add onion and pepper medley mix over potato.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Add cheese of choice between potato wedges such as provolone.
- Rebake for 15 minutes.
- Take out and add other items you wish to serve with your baked potato (sour cream, Greek yogurt, green olives, etc.)