Nothing goes better with Christmas cookies than hot chocolate! Enjoy some while you bake this holiday season or curl up on the couch with your favorite Christmas movie, take it along to the next Christmas party you attend or make it up ahead of time and keep it warm for Christmas morning gift opening!
- 6 cups whole milk (it makes it extra rich and creamy)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or alternatively use 1 cup semi sweet & 1 cup dark chocolate morsels---for a rich decadent taste)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-2.5 hours; whisk every 20-30 minutes to incorporate the chocolate as it melts and to prevent it from burning on the bottom.
- Top with whip cream or marshmallows if desired.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello