As I’ve mentioned before I love Chinese food but I’m hardly a fan of the local buffets and establishments in my town, so we improvise at home. We save money, eat less and we get to cut out the overwhelming amount of fats, MSG and sugar in those calorie laden foods. This recipe gives you a sweet fall apart in your mouth orange chicken that isn’t smothered in sauce. Serve it over rice and alongside a favorite veggie for a complete meal!
- 1 lb skinless boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 12 oz can orange soda (any variety)
- ½ cup less sodium soy sauce
- ¼ - ½ tsp red pepper flakes (more or less according to taste)
- Whisk together orange soda, soy sauce and red pepper flakes in crock pot.
- Add chicken, stir to coat chicken.
- Cook on low 4-5 hours.
- Serve & enjoy.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello