A patient of mine shared this recipe with me a couple of weeks ago and it has become a favorite! It is very easy to make and is so flavorful. Use different varieties of salsa for different flavors.
I only use two chicken breasts in this recipe. The original called for four, however you can see there is plenty of chicken!
We made wraps with this southwest chicken. It is great leftover too!
- (2) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 16 oz. Jar Salsa
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Corn, drained
- ½ Block Cream Cheese (4 oz.)
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom a slow cooker.
- Pour salsa, black beans and corn over chicken. Mix slightly.
- Cook for 6-7 hours on low.
- For the last 30 minutes of cooking, add the cream cheese on top of the salsa mixture.
- After the 30 minutes, take two forks and shred the chicken. Mix all ingredients.
- Serve in tortillas as a wrap or over rice.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello
Latest posts by Renae Chiovaro (see all)
- Work Week Menu Plan: Week of 4/20/15 - April 20, 2015
- File it Friday: Recycled Can Cutlery Holder + More - April 17, 2015
- Writing as a Coping Skill for Children - April 14, 2015