My husband and I recently tried a new restaurant and the fish tacos I ordered were amazing! So amazing in fact that I was compelled to make my own version at home only baked rather than fried (because we all know we need to keep fried food, whether we like it or not, to a minimum).
- 6 cod fillets
- Cajun seasoning
- 6 medium flour tortilla shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced avocado (optional)
- Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Spicy Ranchero Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season both sides of each cod fillet liberally with Cajun seasoning and dried cilantro. Roast in oven for 25-30 minutes or until fish is opaque and easily flakes apart with a fork.
- Remove from oven; set aside.
- Place tortilla shells on plate and warm for 10-15 seconds in the microwave or in the already heated oven.
- Once warmed, begin to assemble each taco. Begin by placing a handful of shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes and sliced avocado on the tortilla, top with one fillet of cod and drizzle with spicy ranchero sauce.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 6 tacos.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello