I eat a salad nearly every day for lunch, but in order to keep it from being humdrum I switch up the toppings and I try to be creative! This is one of my favorite combinations!
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1 cup green or red leaf romaine lettuce
- 5-6 strawberries, remove stems & slice in half
- ¼ cup cashews (salted or unsalted---I like salted against the sweetness of the strawberries and the dressing)
- 2 tbsp Light Poppy Seed Dressing (or preferred variety)
- Toss together spinach and lettuce on a plate or in a salad bowl, top with strawberries and cashews then drizzle with dressing!
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 1 single serving.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello