A couple of days ago Ashley shared her chili recipe. These cornbread muffins pair perfectly with the chili!
Recipe: Sweet Yellow Cornbread Muffins
- 2 lg. eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups yellow corn meal mix, self -rising
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare a 12 cup muffin pan with Bakers Joy or paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl combine beaten egg, milk, oil, corn meal, flour and sugar together until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. (temperatures in ovens may vary so watch carefully to prevent over baking)
These muffins are delicious all on their own, but paired alongside the chili you really taste that wholesome sweetness. They also taste fantastic with a little jelly or honey for a snack!