Do you love Mexican food and pizza? If you said “YES!” then try this recipe! You’ll love the combination!
- 1.25 oz pkg taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- 1 lb ground beef (substitute for ground turkey if you prefer)
- 8 oz taco sauce (hot, medium or mild)
- ¾ cup tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup green pepper, diced
- 2.25 oz can black olives, sliced
- 5 oz shredded cheese (whichever variety you prefer)
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust or homemade pizza crust (Pillsbury Classic Crust or Thin Crust is a great option for store bought)
- Sour cream (to top-optional)
- Lettuce, shredded (to top-optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium sauté pan brown meat over medium-high heat until no longer pink, drain and add taco seasoning mix and water, cook per package instructions.
- Then lightly grease a 9x13 casserole dish or baking pan and spread out dough in bottom of pan. Using a fork, pierce small holes throughout the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread taco sauce on top of crust, then layer on taco meat, tomatoes, green peppers and black olives. Bake for 10-15 minutes. Crust should begin to turn a golden brown around edges.
- When crust has browned, remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese! Return to oven and bake for 3-5 minutes or until cheese has melted!
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Top with sour cream & lettuce. Serve and enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!