If you need a quick and yummy dessert, this is it! The combination of the berry sauce with the Nutella and angel food cake is delightful.
Recipe: Triple Berry Nutella Cake
- Angel Food Cake Loaf, slightly frozen
- Cool Whip (I used Vanilla Cool Whip)
- Berry Sauce (recipe below)
- Cut the angel food loaf in half lengthwise. It is easier to cut when the loaf is slightly frozen.
- Spread Nutella on one half of the angel food cake. Stack the other half on top of the Nutella.
- Spread Nutella on the very top of the angel food cake stack.
- Spread the cool whip over the top of the Nutella and all around the angel food cake.
- While you are making the berry sauce, place the cake in the freezer so the cool whip doesn’t melt off.
- When the berry sauce is done, drizzle over top of the cool whip covered cake. Slice the cake and serve immediately.
- If there is extra cake, save it by placing it in the freezer!
Recipe: Simple Berry Sauce
- 2 Cups Frozen Berries
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- Pour frozen berries into a sauce pan over medium heat. Add sugar and lemon juice and mix well.
- Continue to heat berries until they defrost and become soft. As the berries defrost the juices will release and a sauce will form.
- Cook until the sauce begins to thicken as the liquid reduces. Once you have reached the desired consistency, remove from heat.
- Use a stick blender to blend the berries until smooth.
- I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries.
- The sauce is wonderful on pancakes or over ice cream.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)