I love chocolate chip cookies (and let’s be honest—who doesn’t?), but until now mine have always come out of the oven flat and hard, but after tweaking this recipe by adding just a little more flour and baking soda (a simple trick my sister-in-law recently taught me) I can now make the chunky chewy chocolate chip cookies I crave and so can you!
Recipe: Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ¾ cup Crisco Butter Flavored All-Vegetable Shortening
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, firmly packed
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour (any variety you prefer)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla; beat until well blended together with a handheld electric mixer.
- Add egg, beat in until thoroughly combined.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda and add in portions to shortening mixture until all ingredients are just blended.
- Add chocolate chips and mix it all together.
- Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, form small balls and drop onto an ungreased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Cookies will appear soft but will harden upon cooling.
- Cool completely before storing.
- Yields 2 dozen cookies.
- Reduce measurement for chocolate chips by ½ cup and substitute with ¾-1 cup chopped nuts like pecans or macadamia nuts.
- Experiment with alternative flavored chips like mint or butterscotch for additional flavor combinations.
Copyright © HowtoHaveitAll.net.