Most summer dinner prep includes turning on the grill. I don’t like to use the oven when it’s hot and humid outside! Kabobs are a favorite meal of ours. They are very easy and the kid’s think it’s cool to have food on a stick!
I was asked to participate in the Johnsonville Secret Ingredient challenge this month. I had to create a recipe using Johnsonville Premium Smoked or Cooked Sausage and peppers. Red peppers are a favorite of mine so it was easy to come up with a recipe!
Combine the chopped vegetables and sausage on a dish and then let marinate for at least two hours. Add whatever vegetables you like- peppers, onions, squash and mushrooms are all good!
I put some basil pesto on a hoagie roll and toasted it on the grill. When the kabobs were done, I took them off the skewer and added it to the hoagie roll. It was a messy, yet tasty sandwich!
- ⅓ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Lemon, juiced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Package Johnsonville Premium Smoked Sausage
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Zucchini (I used a golden zucchini)
- ½ Onion
- Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, lemon juice garlic and black pepper together in a bowl. Set aside to use as a marinade.
- Chop the vegetables into chunks big enough for a skewer.
- Cut the smoked sausage into ½" chunks.
- Place the vegetables and sausage in a large dish and pour marinade over top. Marinate for 2 hours.
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 30 minutes before threading the vegetables and sausage on.
- Slide sausage and vegetables onto skewers in whatever pattern you desire.
- Grill over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
Make sure you checkout the rest of my recipes in my recipe index!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Johnsonville. All opinions expressed are mine.