Shake up your taste buds and your lunch routine by exploring new tastes, textures and combinations! This recipe is a spin off on a Waldorf Chicken Salad and frankly I’d take it over the salad for lunch any day!
- 10 oz. chicken, cooked & shredded
- 1 apple, diced
- ⅔ cup Light Miracle Whip (or mayonnaise if you prefer)
- 2 tbsp. milk
- ½ tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Ground peppercorn (or black pepper)
- ½ tsp. celery salt
- ½ cup dried mixed fruit or raisins (I used a blend of blueberry, cranberry, cherry & plum)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together miracle whip, milk, mustard, peppercorn, & celery salt.
- In a large bowl toss together chicken, apple, mixed fruit and walnuts.
- Pour dressing over chicken and fruit, mix until well blended together then chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Once chilled spread on bread, toss in a wrap or stuff in a pita pocket.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 4-6 sandwiches.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello