A great way to save money is to spend as little as you can at the store for groceries and make them work for your family’s budget/menu. I recently spent only $2.38 on a 10lb bag of potatoes and it stretched into 6 meals for my family. Get creative with the way you cook with food items, especially items that are inexpensive but hearty, you’re taste buds will thank you and so will your pocketbook! Here is a great recipe for tasty mashed potatoes (they are so full of flavor they require no gravy or butter on top)!
- 5-6 potatoes, peeled & cubed
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes (or fresh parsley if you have it on hand-adjust measurement)
- 2-3 tbsp light butter
- ¼ cup skim milk
- In a large pot, boil potatoes until fork tender; drain thoroughly.
- Add yogurt, garlic, parsley, butter and milk then season with salt & pepper. Using a hand mixer whip the potatoes together for 3-5 minutes or until potatoes are lump free and fluffy. Add additional seasoning as desired.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello