Fall has finally arrived in our small West TN town and I am dusting off my crock pot (well not really because I enjoy using mine all year round, but it’s time to put it through it paces this season) & digging out some of our fall favorite recipes and keeping my eyes out for some news ones to add! This chili recipe will be staying in my “favorite” folder for years to come!
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cups cooked chicken, cut into bite sized cubes
- 16 oz. chicken broth
- 2 15 oz. cans of white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz. can of garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies
- 2 tsp. Ground cumin
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced (optional or substitute with a sprinkle of dried cilantro as a garnish when serving)
- In a small skillet heat oil and garlic over medium high heat until fragrant, add chopped onions and sauté until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to the bowl of a slow cooker, add cubed chicken, broth, beans, chilies and seasonings; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
- Serve as is or top with sour cream, chives, cheese or tortilla strips etc. if desired & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello