Pizza! Pizza! I love pizza! In fact we have pizza night once a week at our house just so we can enjoy our love of pizza and to experiment with different pizza crust recipes and topping combinations (and so my husband has a reason to fire up his grill), but if you’re craving pizza and you don’t want to resort to ordering a greasy standby from your local pizza place then try this recipe. It’s quick, easy and delicious! It can be made as the main entree at dinner, or packed for lunch and I’ve even sliced it up and served it as an appetizer to guests!
- 4 whole wheat pita breads
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese or part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¾ tsp dried basil
- 1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dry
- 2-3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- ¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place pita bread on ungreased cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl combine ricotta cheese and garlic powder and spread equally among each of the four pitas.
- Top each with spinach and slices of tomato.
- Then sprinkle on feta cheese and basil.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until bread begins to brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
Latest posts by Renae Chiovaro (see all)
- Lean & Green Juice Recipe - March 8, 2014
- 10 FREE Personalized Stationary or Greeting Cards - March 8, 2014
- Burpee Coupon Code: Free Seed Starter Kit ($24 Value!) - March 7, 2014