While I enjoy eating my favorite foods and experimenting with new recipes, sometimes all you need to do is revamp the way you make and old favorite for it to be fresh, new and exciting again! This recipe is a fun new take on the standard taco!
The first step is to take wonton wrappers and place them in a mini muffin tin. The wonton wrapper will form natural folds and overlaps as you place it in the tin. Just press these folds against the side of the muffin tin.
The great thing about these little cups is they can easily be passed at a party! Also, children love having these little mini cups! You can do this same technique with other fillings too. Some other ideas for wonton wrappers are Italian Sausage Wonton Appetizer and Curry Chicken Wonton Appetizer.
- 1.25 oz package Taco Bell Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
- 48 wonton wraps
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar or taco blend cheese
- Favorite taco toppings (I used diced tomatoes, sour cream & taco sauce)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease #2 mini muffin pans with cooking spray or oil.
- In a medium skillet pan over medium high heat brown the ground beef until no longer pink, drain and then add taco seasoning and ¾ cup water and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile insert wonton wraps into each cup. The method I find works the best is to take the square wonton and press into each cup using thumbs and pointer fingers in each corner, then fold in and press the folds that naturally occur as it is pressed into the cup.
- Once meat has finished cooking fill each cup about ½ full with taco meat and then top with approximately ½ tbsp shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Top with favorite toppings!
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 48 servings.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello