Last summer I shredded some zucchini from our garden and placed it in the freezer for use this winter. I needed to use the zucchini up and came across a zucchini cakes recipe that sounded interesting. These taste like breaded fried zucchini but just in a patty form.
Recipe: Zucchini Patties
- 2 Cups Grated Zucchini
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Squeeze the excess juice out of the grated zucchini. Just place in a paper towel and gently squeeze to release the excess moisture.
- In a large bowl combine Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and seasoning. Add garlic, egg and zucchini and mix until incorporated.
- Form 8-10 patties out of the mixture. I prefer the thinner patties so I would lean towards 10.
- Place olive oil in a large skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Cook patties for about 4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve hot!
- Serve with ranch dressing for dipping.
- Add more cheese if you want more flavor.
- Experiment with the seasonings. Use seasoning that your family enjoys.
- I want to try baking these patties next time! I’ll update the post if the baking works out!
Make sure to check out the rest of my easy recipes!