Are you a coffee drinker? I am and I’ll admit that I am one of those coffee drinkers who disguise their coffee with sugar and flavored coffee creamers (of all flavors)! I recently bought International Delights Almond Joy flavored creamer for the first time and the combination of chocolate, almond and coconut is addicting & inspiring. The craving for MORE of this trifecta of flavors led to the creation of this breakfast bowl and saved me a trip to the store to purchase the candy bar at 7 o’clock in the morning!
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup instant grits, plain
- 1 tbsp. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp. sweetened shredded coconut
- Handful of roasted, unsalted almonds
- In a small saucepan lightly salt water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add grits, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat, transfer to bowl and top with chocolate chips, coconut and almonds.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 1 serving.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello