I am trying to get away from boxed pastas and potatoes. In years past it was so easy to just make boxed scalloped potatoes Now that I am paying to ingredients a bit more, I would rather make homemade items if time allows.
Recipe: Slow Cooker Cheesy Potatoes
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounce) or homemade cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a sauce pan melt butter and saute onions until soft.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, water, cheese and seasoning. Heat until the cheese melts and it becomes a smooth sauce.
- Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker. Pour some sauce over them. Place another layer of potatoes and then the remaining sauce over the top.
- Cook on high for 4 hours.
- Add a cup of cubed ham for a whole meal.
- Experiment with other cheeses.
- You can also use cream of chicken soup if you don’t like mushrooms.
Make sure you check out the rest of my easy recipes.