Avocados are so creamy and tasty! I love them on sandwiches, as a dip, in a salad, on a taco or even just plain. For an avocado twist, try baking an avocado in wedges with a spicy panko crust. They are decadent this way! You can change the spices to your liking as well. Flax and chia seed were added for omega-3 and protein too!
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1.5 tablespoon ground flax
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 egg
- 2-3 avocados (2 large, 3 small)
- lime (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl combine panko, ground flax, chia seeds and chili powder. Mix until incorporated.
- In another bowl wisk one egg.
- Cut avocado into slices, about 16 pieces.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Dip avocado slice into egg and then dredge in panko mix. You might need to use your hands to pack panko mix on avocado.
- Transfer dredged avocado to the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until outside is crispy.
- Sprinkle with salt and a dash of fresh lime juice if desired.
- Serve & enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes in my recipe index!