One of our go to meals right now is sandwiches. They are so easy to make and take on the go. From the beginning, I have always served whole grain bread to my boys. One brand of bread that I particularly like is Nature’s Harvest®. Each variety of Nature’s Harvest® bread contains at least 8 grams of whole grain. Plus this bread is made with no artificial flavors or colors and contains no high fructose corn syrup!
Did you know that adults need about 48 grams of whole grains a day and children need 40-48 grams? Using whole grain bread is any easy way to make sure your kids are getting the whole grains they need. Right now Nature’s Harvest® is launching a “Whole Grain Challenge”. Head on over to the Nature’s Harvest® facebook page and make a pledge to be entered to win a weekly sweepstakes.
I’m always looking for ways to make my sandwiches healthier. One idea is to substitute avocado for mayonnaise! I added an avocado to my tuna the other day with creamy results! I served the avocado tuna salad on top of Nature’s Harvest® 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread with a slice of homegrown tomato. It was delicious! Here is my recipe for avocado tuna salad.
- (1) Avocado
- (1) Can Tuna (5 oz.)
- ½ teaspoon Dill
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mash avocado until it is smooth.
- Drain tuna, add to mashed avocado.
- Add spices and mix well.
- Serve & enjoy!
Look for Nature’s Harvest® bread nationwide available in these varieties:
- Nature’s Harvest® 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
- Nature’s Harvest® Honey Wheat Made with Whole Grain Bread
- Nature’s Harvest® Butter Top Made with Whole Grain While Bread
- Nature’s Harvest® Butter Top Made with Whole Grain Wheat Bread
Find out more about Nature’s Harvest® through there social media sites:
- Nature’s Harvest® Website: http://bit.ly/1FYIV1a
- Nature’s Harvest® Facebook Page: http://on.fb.me/1GDz8wq
One How to Have it All reader will win a $25 Visa gift card and one (1) coupon, valid for $5.00 off Nature’s Harvest® bread.
How to Enter
Enter by leaving a comment on this post. If you are reading this via email or RSS Feed, you will need to click over to the post HERE. There are THREE entries per person. You must leave a separate comment for each entry. The winner will be drawn at random on August 13, 2015. Open to USA residents only.
- 1st Entry: What is your favorite way to include whole grains in your families diet?
- 2nd Entry: Follow me on facebook, twitter, Google+ or Pinterest. If you already do, just leave a comment saying so.
- 3rd Entry: Subscribe via email or RSS feed. If you already do, just leave a comment saying so.
Disclosure: The information and coupons have been provided by Nature’s Harvest® so that I could try the product and share my thoughts and information about Nature’s Harvest® bread. The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions of Nature’s Harvest®.