I had some beef soup bones in my freezer that needed to be used. Hubby and I enjoy soups this time of year. I usually make soup in the slow cooker which makes it a super easy meal. Add more or less barley to thicken up the soup to your liking!
- (2) Beef Soup Bones with Meat (about 2 pounds)
- 3 Stalks Celery, chunks
- 1 Large Onion, quartered
- 5 Carrots, chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 10 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Barley
- In a large slow cooker combine everything but the barley.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours.
- Add the barley and cook an additional hour.
- Remove the onion, celery and beef bones. Also look for any fat or gristle pieces and remove.
- Serve and enjoy!
If you like celery, chop into smaller pieces and keep in the soup.