Christmas is only days away and while you might still have yummy treats to make you don’t necessarily have to slave away for hours in a hot kitchen while they bake. Try this recipe for a delicious no-bake cookie that is filled with and rolled in one of the best flavors of the season: PEPPERMINT CANDY CANES!!
The first step is to crush your candy canes! The kids will like helping with this part!
A couple of tablespoons of crushed candy cane should be added to the dough. Again, a perfect activity for children!
- (1) 3oz Ghirardelli Peppermint Bark Bar with Dark Chocolate, chopped into tiny pieces
- (5) Peppermint Candy Canes, crushed into tiny pieces
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- In a large bowl cream together butter and sugar for several minutes until well combined.
- Stir in vanilla & mix well.
- Combine flour and salt and then begin adding to wet ingredients a little at a time; using a wooden spoon or spatula continue mixing until all the dry flour is mixed in.
- Next stir in the melted butter and Ghirardelli chocolate pieces.
- Transfer dough to a piece of parchment paper, form into a ball and slowly roll and press in 2-3 tablespoons of crushed candy cane.
- Place remaining crushed candy cane on a small plate or in a small dish.
- Using your hands form a ball with the dough and roll in the candy pieces.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Serve & Enjoy! (Number of cookies depends on how large you form each ball. Approximately 12 larger or 24 mini cookie balls.)
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello