It has always been a tradition in our family to put up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving and to enjoy hot cocoa while watching the first of many Christmas themed movies on our list for the holiday season. This year we decided to try something new when we put up our tree and made this hot cider instead! It added a warm sweet little sizzle to our tradition and our evening! Check it out!
- 32 oz. Apple Cider
- 10 Cinnamon Candies, unwrapped
- Cinnamon & sugar mix (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Combine apple cider and cinnamon candies in a small pot and heat over medium high heat until the candies melt (approximately 10-15 minutes). Stir frequently to prevent candies from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Meanwhile rim the edges of (4) 8 oz. glasses with honey and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. This part is optional, but the added sweetness & spice as you sip the hot cider is delicious and festive!
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 4 8 oz. servings.