Cinnamon rolls meet cinnamon toast in this delightfully delicious dessert! This recipe uses the Vanilla Honey Butter recipe I posted about last week.
The first step is to cut the loaf of sourdough bread. You are going to make a checkerboard pattern without cutting all the way through the loaf.
After your loaf is ready with the butter and cinnamon, wrap it tightly in aluminum foil to bake. In 25 minutes you will have a yummy dessert or sweet breakfast!
- Vanilla Honey Butter (check out our previously posted recipe) or if your short on time and ingredients * ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 round sourdough loaf (a boule would work well too), unsliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a serrated knife begin by cutting the loaf in one direction into approximately ½”thick slices and only about ¾ of the way through the thickness of the loaf (do not cut all the way through the bottom of the loaf). Once sliced, liberally spread the vanilla honey butter between the slices.
- Rotate 90 degrees and slice the bread into ½” thick slices in the opposite direction (you are forming a checkerboard effect of easily pulled apart squares & again be sure not to cut through the bottom); then liberally spread the newly cut slices with vanilla honey butter as well.
- In a small bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon and then generously sprinkle between all of the individual cuts in the bread loaf, be sure to get it in and around and deep into each of the cuts. (You may not use all the butter or sugar when preparing this recipe but don’t skimp)
- Wrap in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, in a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and milk to form an icing for your bread.
- Once bread is warmed through, remove from oven, unwrap and drizzle with icing.
- Serve & enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes in my recipe index.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello