At the end of December we went to the Dixie Stampede Christmas Show in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. It was a wonderful show and I highly recommend it! My favorite part of the meal was the Creamy Vegetable Soup. I craved it the day after we ate there wishing they had a drive-up window! My friend sent me a copycat recipe and I made a few changes.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup finely chopped cooked vegetable
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion powder, garlic powder, and corn syrup. Stir until incorporated and simmer for 1 minute.
- Add flour to the butter mix and make a roux. Cook until the sauce is thick and paste like.
- Add chicken broth, pepper, salt, water and vegetables. Heat until boiling and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add half and half. Stir constantly while heating. Do not bring to a boil. Just heat until half and half is warm.
- For the vegetables, use cooked potatoes and carrots or a can of Veg-all. This is also a great soup to make when you have leftover cooked vegetables!
Number of servings (yield): 4
Make sure to check out the rest of my easy recipes!