Our weekly meal routines tend to follow a pretty standard pattern, I cook during the week and my husband demonstrates his skills on the grill over the weekends. Over Labor Day weekend he slow cooked a couple of pork butts on the grill to make BBQ shredded pulled pork sandwiches and there is nothing quite like the traditional sides of baked beans and coleslaw to enhance a good BBQ sandwich. This coleslaw recipe is sweet and tangy and the perfect accompaniment to an outdoor BBQ meal! Try it for yourself!
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup sugar (or corresponding measurement for sugar substitute)
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 2 ½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black or cracked pepper
- 16 oz bag of Tri-color shredded coleslaw mix (if you prefer shred your own cabbage & carrots to create your own mix, you’ll need about 8 cups combined)
- 2 tbsp minced onion or ½- ¾ small onion, diced
- In a large bowl combine the coleslaw mix and diced onion.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, sugar, milk, buttermilk, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture over coleslaw and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello